There was a lot of info covered at Sunday's meeting. Check out the blog (apouvm.blogspot.com) for more detailed notes!
IMPORTANT: Meeting next week is in the Old Mill John Dewey Lounge
EXCITING APO NEWS: We are SGA's club of the month for November for our commitment to service & being in good standing with SGA!
Sydney (MVP)- Julia's & Alyssa K's birthday (November 5th)!
- Brother of the Week: Alison T. for being scary and losing her voice @ Friday's Halloween service!
- Phone Tree was handed out (ask Sydney for one, if you weren't at the meeting)
- We will be placing another clothing order through somethinggreek.com (Pledges ARE allowed to place orders)
- Being in APO is a way to prepare ourselves for a future in leadership and service
- Sarah G. & Alison M. won the costume contest for being Mrs. Potato Head and Bop-It Extreme, respectively.
Meagan (SVP)- SERVICES
- ONGOING Thursdays 2:00-4:00pm @ McCauley Square Senior Housing: playing games with seniors
- Nov. 4th-7th- Jeh Kulu Dance & Drym Conference @ City Hall (Thurs. 2 people needed 4:30-6:00pm; Fri. 2 people per shift 2:00-7:00pm; Sat. 2 people per shift 11:00am-1:00pm & 7:00-9:00pm; Sun. 2 people per shift 1:00-7:00pm & 7:00-9:00pm)
- Nov. 4-6; Nov. 11-14- Ushers for UVM Theater shows (contact Meagan for details)
November 4 - 6 & 11-13 @ 7:30pm
November 6 & 14 @ 2pm
- Sun. Nov. 7th - 11:00am-3:00pm Invasive Species Cleanup @ Charlotte Wildlife Park. Service set up by Alyssa C.!
- Nov. 7th 7:00am-11:00am@ Shelburne: Volunteering at a half-marathon. Must sign up online: http://racevermont.
- Nov. 13th 6-8:30 @ Echo Center: "Dr. Lewis's First Duck Race" (8-10 people needed; please dress in black bottoms/white top)
- Fri- Basketball @ 4:00pm in the gym basketball courts
- Mark your calendars: Bigs/Littles Race will be on Nov. 13th at 1:00 or 2:00 (A really fun way to get to know your brothers/families)
- Dates to remember: CAPS Sunday, Dec. 12th 10:00am-12:00pm. A breakfast snack will be provided.
- Nov. 14th- Nominations; Dec. 5th- Elections (Must be present to be elected)
- Conclave T-Shirt Design by Booker. Tell Heika your size if you were not at the meeting!
- T-Shirts will be $15. You can bring money to Sunday's meeting or drop it off in the top drawer of the filing cabinet of our APO office in the SGA clubspace.
- We will now be discussing pieces of legislation & voting on them at each meeting
Where should 2010 National Convention site be?
- OC, CA
- San Jose, CA
- San Francisco, CA
Honorary members should have to be 16 years old. No majority vote
Petitioning members who left school within 2 months of chartering date could become honorary members. YES
Changed wording of who qualifies as Alum. YES
Student is petitioning member once he or she has undergone a petitioning ceremony. YES
Additional requirements added to charter a chapter now included in bylaws.YES
Rules to be more clear for transferring schools and not having to repeat the pledge process. YES
2011-2012 Service Week Themes:
- Healthy Lifestyle