Sorry- I just realized that the blog never updated from last week's notes.
LUND HOLIDAY MAILING HAS BEEN CANCELED WEDNESDAY!
McCauley Games w/ Seniors WILL be held this week
Random Fact: Dr. Seuss invented the word "nerd"
Meeting Guests: Dustin (our advisor) & Colin the awesome CVAA Americorps volunteer (we are working with him at McCauley playing games with seniors)
- Birthdays: Claire & Tony (Sunday, the 7th), Rebecca (Thursday, the 11th)
- Brother of the week: Hannah
- Pledge of the week: Alyssa
- Pledge Fellowship: Capture the flag- Thurs, Nov. 18th @ Field Hockey Field (Time TBA)
- Pledge Fundraiser: Bake Sale TBD
- Initiation Fri. Dec. 3rd @ 7:30
- LUND HOLIDAY MAILING HAS BEEN CANCELED TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY!
- McCauley WILL be held this week
- National service week: Campus clean up Wed. Nov. 10th & Fri. the 12th @ 2:00-3:00. Meet at the APO club space.
- Sunday, Nov. 14th 9:00am-9:00pm @ L&L- Empty Bowls: People needed for donation pick up, fire place lounge set up, soup prep. Must sign up at uvm.edu/11center/emptybowls/
- Burlington Children's Space
- Amira's event Bigs/Littles Race @ 1:00 (email Amira to sign up if you would like to participate)
- Clarification on clothing orders: For clothing orders, I collect the details and a check (or cash) for each order and put in a group order through our club treasury. You can pick whatever you like from www.somethinggreek.com, it doesn't have to be the same as other club members orders. Having letters is a great way to spread APOs name across campus and the community (wear letters while volunteering!). I'll be collecting more orders throughout the week into next meeting or so, which would place the order coming in right around initiation so pledges will be able to wear their clothes right away :)
- $15 for conclave T-Shirt due in the club space in top drawer of the filing cabinet next
- CLUB OF THE MONTH!
- Voted to send Claire as our second delegate
- Thanks to Mac for drafting advisor/chapter expectations!
- We would like to be better known in the community
- Continue with publicity (Pete is working on the website)
- Please tell people if you can't make it to an event that you've signed up for!
- We will try to provide better directions to events, clear communication