This is going to be kinda long because there was a lot of info covered at Sunday's meeting.
Bobby, our section chair attended our meeting.
Sydney (MVP)- Katie B.'s Birthday (Oct. 26th)!
- Office hours will be posted soon
- E-Board meetings @ 8:00pm every Thursday
Meagan (SVP)- SERVICES
URGENT NEED FOR 3 VOLUNTEERS: Fri. "Haunted Halloween Bash" 5:30-10 in Shelburne (Contact Meagan if you are interested)
"they will get pizza and get to be part of a great event helping families of parent's that have cancer. It should be a fun event and they will get to be part of a haunted house"!
- Thurs. 2-4@ McCauley Square Senior Housing: playing games with seniors
- Thurs/Fri 5-5:30 @ Pearl House on Colchester Ave: "Have a Heart" giving out candy to neighborhood kids
- Sat. 5:30-10 @ Leddy Park: "Freaky Fairytale"
- Nov. 7th 7:00am-11:00am@ Shelburne: Volunteering at a half-marathon. Must sign up online: http://racevermont.volunteerlocal.com/
- Nov. 13th 6-8:30 @ Echo Center: "Dr. Lewis's First Duck Race" (8-10 people needed; please dress in black bottoms/white top)
- Contact Meagan of you're interested in volunteering for "Fright Night" to be a watchman (Suggested by Danielle)
- Wed- Pub Quiz 9:00pm @ Brennan's
- Dates to remember: CAPS TBD; Nov. 14th- Nominations; Dec. 5th- Elections (Must be present to be elected)
- Pete will be working on our UVM website (uvm.edu/aphio); he's looking for underclassmen to help. Also, if people have suggestions!
- Conclave went really well. Everyone seemed to have fun and learn a lot. We tried hard to promote our upcoming Conclave here at UVM this spring. We even won two awards - roll call and man mile.
- If anyone is interested in attending Leadership Day for Section 94, let me know ASAP. It is on November 6 at St. A's in New Hampshire. It starts at 9 am and goes until about 3 pm. It is completely free with lunch being provided. If you have a vehicle and would be willing to drive, that'd be awesome. If we get a car together by this weekend we can try to get gas money. Leadership day is run similar to the Saturday part of Conclave, with workshops and discussions throughout the day on various topics. If you intend to run for a position, especially one of the higher positions, this would be incredibly useful and valuable to go to.
- As mentioned at the meeting on Sunday, if anyone is interested in being the second voting delegate from our chapter at Nationals in Atlanta from December 27 to 30, let me know. Early registration deadline is November 8th. Nationals is a great opportunity to connect with brothers from around the country, and this is the convention that decides changes to National bylaws and other National documents.
- Our Conclave twitter is : uvmconclave2011. Check it out! Updates will be posted on there when they occur.