• Alison is going to send out an email with all the services coming up.
• Wednesday April 7 - Karaoke in Brennans at 9 pm
- UVM skates at Carnes Arena - Meet outside the Davis Center Circle to take the bus with APO folks at 9 pm ($3 if you need skates, free if you don't)
• Saturday April 10 - Come support Katie H. in her figure skating showcase!! 6 pm in gutterson rink. $3 for students. Look for more details about meeting up, etc. in the Wednesday email
• Sunday April 11 - Brother bike ride after the meeting
• This week we have bake sales on Tuesday (April 6) and Wednesday (April 7)
• Tuesday April 6 - Outside Table 1 from 1:30 to 4 pm
• Wednesday April 7 - Outside Table 5 from 11 am to 3 pm
• Drop off your baked goods in the office before 1:30 pm on Tuesday or swing by the table
• Booker has a list of who signed up for times - email her if you have questions/forgot if you signed up
• Just some things to keep in mind - Conclave is going to be lots of fun to plan as well as lots of work, but it is definitely worth it. Responsibilities will be spread out, so there are lots of opportunities next semester for leadership. And everyone will be on a committee to help out.
• If you are thinking about running for conclave, talk to Annice for more information about the position. It is a year long position that will oversee all of the committee chairs and make final decisions, deal with problems, etc.
Goals from CAPS last semester:
• Short Term Goal - Alpha Phi Omega will work to foster stronger bonds within the fraternity, as well as on the University of Vermont campus and in the greater Burlington community. In order to achieve this goal, we will develop a large project to generate awareness of our student organization.
• Mission Statement - In three years Alpha Phi Omega will be widely known on the University of Vermont campus with strong programs in leadership, friendship, and service focused on maintaining the past, continuing the present, and developing the future.
• Brother of the Week - Sydney! (And happy birthday on Wednesday!)
• Reminder for Mac - Be careful what pictures you post on facebook that have APO somewhere in them.
Dates to keep in mind:
• April 18 - Initiation at our regular meeting time
• April 25 - Nominations for positions
• May 1 - Pledge Service (if I remember correctly)
• May 2 - Elections
• May 5 - Pledge Fellowship
• May 7 - Chartering at NEC: Need people to drive to and from NEC, getting there around 5 pm and returning to UVM the same night (it takes about two hours to get there; note this is a final day but if anyone can drive let us know - the number of drivers determines how many other people can go).
• May 8 - Banquet: Time TBD (at night)
• May 9 - Last APO meeting of the semester
• I know it's a lot of APO during finals, so keep this in mind as we get close. Plan your studying around our events.
• TBD: Bigs/Little Race; CAPS
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
As always, let us know if you have questions about anything. We are always available through email (email@example.com, or our personal emails) or feel free to stop by for office hours.