I hope that everyone is having a great week & getting ready for this supposed massive storm that we're about to get. Stay warm & toasty tomorrow! P.S. Try to make it to the end of this long email because there's lots of important stuff.
*MEETING AT 1:00pm NEXT SUNDAY* In Livak Ballroom because of the super bowl.
- Brother of the Week: Alyssa C.S. for working really hard on our APO after school program service
- Associate membership- if you miss three meetings per semester, you become an associate member & are unable to vote. Please contact Sarah, if you believe that this will be your situation this semester
- Tabling this week (except Thursday). PLEASE SIGN UP TO TABLE! Tabling=Service Hours
- Monday, Tuesday- 2:00-5:00, Table 1
- Wednesday- 2-5, Table 4
- Friday- 9:00-4:00, Table 2
- Need help hanging up flyers for pledge week activities. Contact Julia!
- Rush events next week
- Challenges! We would like to get 1000 hours of service this semester. There will be a prize for the brother with the most hours at the end of the semester
- Alyssa C.S.- We are applying for a youth grant for our APO service. For the month of April we will go 1 day a week to King Street Youth Center from 4:00-5:00pm. Team building, Crafts, Sports, Games, etc. Day of the week TBA. If you would like to be involved, please contact Alyssa C.S., Claire, or Amira.
- Guests: Alex, president and co-founder, & Isabel, VP and co-founder, from "People Helping People Global". Microlending & fair-trade in Nicaragua.
Contact Claire if you'd like to sign up for the "People Helping People Global" committee
- Saturday, February 5th 11:00am-3:00pm @ Champlain Valley Expo. OMK Homecoming Party, Need 3-4 people
- Sunday, February 6th 8:00am-1:00pm@ Hampton Inn, Colchester. OMK Yellow Ribbon Event
- ALL WEEK: 2/1- 2/7- Passing out flyers door-to-door for Burlington Partnership Healthy Community. Anytime; two teams of two people. Contact Claire for details!
- Ongoing: Snow shoveling for elderly neighbors after snow storms. Contact Claire for details!
- Ongoing: Thursdays 2:00-4:00pm Mcauley Square- Games with seniors.
- Ongoing: Thursdays or Wednesdays 12:00-1:00- Men's Group in Shelburne (The Arbors, 687 Harbor Road, Shelburne). Needs male volunteers to hang out with seniors. Please contact Colin Hunt, 703-343-3950, if you are interested in participating.
- Fellowship- Sunday, Wear Green & Gold or Purple & Gold in honor of the super bowl!
- Fellowship- Hockey Game @ 7:00 on Saturday
- Fellowship- Lake Champlain Chocolates Tour on Thursday or Friday next week in the afternoon for an hour. Date TBA. Sheet will be left in the club space until Friday so please sign up.
- 1/31-2/14: Bottle/Can Drive- Sydney can pick up your bag of cans, if you live off campus & need her to!
- We will need people to sign up for different tasks during the weekend of conclave. More info to come.
- Conclave Cost- $40, but if people want to, they can pay $7 if they do not want to attend banquet. There is no way to attend banquet and not eat. We will fundraise to lessen the costs. More details TBD.
- Conclave Dates- Friday, March 25th 6:30-11:00 & Saturday, March 26th- all day